Pro-Life Oratory Contest
Every year, the Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Committee sponsors a pro-life oratory contest among high school juniors and seniors from throughout the state. Contact the State Director to learn about times and other information for the current year!
Louisiana Oratory Contest State Director:
- Cody Reed | email@example.com | 7121 Catina Street NOLA 70124
- Kacie Hoerner | firstname.lastname@example.org | 7121 Catina Street NOLA 70124
Louisiana Oratory Contest Details:
- The winner of a local Pro-Life Oratory Contest is allowed to compete in the Louisiana State Oratory Contest, which is held in May (this year's is May 3 in New Orleans) in coordination with the Knights of Columbus Convention. Local oratory contests will often award a small cash prize to the winner and runner-up of their competition.
- The winner of the Louisiana Oratory contest competes in the National Oratory Contest at the National Right to Life Convention held every summer.
- The cash prizes of the Louisiana Oratory Contest is:
- First Place: $500 plus expenses to attend the National Right to Life Convention (not to exceed $1000)
- Second Place: $250
- The contest is non-denominational and originates with National Right to Life.
- Topics to choose from:
- Tragedy of Abortion
- Tragedy of Euthanasia
- Tragedy of Infanticide
- Tragedy of Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Talks must be between 5-7 minutes and do not have to be memorized.
- The National Right to Life Jane B. Thompson Oratory Contest is taking place on June 28, 2014 in Louisville, Kentucky (the statewide Louisiana winner will compete in this).
Local Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Contest Coordinators:
If you don't see a contest in your area, please talk with Cody Reed (contacts at the top of the page).
- Alexandria/Natchioches: Gilen Norwood- 318-352-2134
- Baton Rouge: Shannon Baldridge- 225-242-0323
- Houma & Thibodeaux: Peggy Fabre- 985-868-3879
- Lafayette: Karol Meynard- 337-261-5607
- Lake Charles: Kathy Owen- 337-439-7426 ext 23
- LaPlace: Bryan Beauchamp- 985-652-3899
- Monroe: Mr. Jack Wright- 318-387-0993
- Napoleonville: James Hubbell- 985-269-6580
- New Orleans: Mary Nadeau 504.835.6520
- St. Tammany Parish: Cindy Lagasse- 985-641-5541
- Shreveport: Susan Flanagan- 318-861-6879