State Legislative Awards
Louisiana Right to Life Federation gives out two separate kinds of awards for pro-life representation in the state legislature.
- 100% Life Advocate Award: A "100% Life Advocate Award" is given to a State Senator or Representative that
- has had a 100% Pro-Life Voting Record during a four-year legislative term, such as the 2008-2011 term. Visit our Scorecard Page.
- has not been absent from scored pro-life votes more than 40% of the time.
- has not authored or taken leadership in an amendment or piece of legislation that Louisiana Right to Life opposed.
- Defender of Life (DOL) Award: A Defender of Life indicates a State Senator or Representative that has gone above the call of duty on a specific piece of legislation, issue, or situation.