Lieutenant Governor Election 2011
See below for candidate listing and profile on life issues. Louisiana Right to Life Federation has not endorsed any candidate for Lieutenant Governor. Material below is for information purposes only.
See a copy of the Louisiana Right to Life Federation Questionnaire for positions of Governor and Lieutenant Governor.
Candidates for Lieutenant Governor
Candidates listed in alphabetical order. Since the Lieutenant Governor is only a heartbeat away from the office of Governor in the state of Louisiana, we ask candidates for Lieutenant Governor the same questions we ask candidates for the office of Governor.
- Jay Dardenne (R)
- Answered 2011 Lt. Governor Questionnaire 100% Pro-Life (10/10), but Mr. Dardenne did include the following qualified text after question #6
- "Yes, I would sign such a law, but, because I have supported stem cell research advocated by the Muscular Dystrophy Association, for whom I have been a spokesperson for over 30 years, and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, as my wife and my brother both suffer from this deadly disease, I would want input on the specific language."
- Note from Louisiana Right to Life: While the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) does support the work of ethical adult stem cell research, it also supports embryonic stem cell research, which our organization opposes. In 2008, JDRF funded $2 million in adult stem cell research and $4.9 million in embryonic stem cell research. Read JDF's report.
- Voting Record on Life Issues in State Legislature (1992-2006)
- Billy Nungesser (R)
- Answered 2011 Questionnaire 100% Pro-Life (10 out of 10)
- Billy has not held an elected office requiring a vote/action on a pro-life issue.
2011 Lt. Governor Election Schedule:
Election: October 22, 2011