Get Ready for 40 Days for Life NOLA 2016!
With the closure of the abortion facility in Metairie, 40 Days for Life New Orleans will move its 2016 vigil to the site of the Planned Parenthood facility at 4636 S. Claiborne Avenue in New Orleans. Get prepared to save lives this fall from September 28th - November 6th! Adopt a day calendar is open, so please adopt your day now!
UPCOMING: 2016 Pre-Launch Party
Thursday August 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Blessed Trinity Church (4230 S. Broad Ave., New Orleans)
Dinner Provided.. First Come-First Serve!
Featuring Forum on "Abortion is Not Women's Healthcare!"
What is 40 Days for Life?
40 Days for Life (40DFL) is an international campaign and an incredible opportunity to unite members of your church or group in prayer and action. The fall 2016 campaign will be held Sept. 28 - Nov. 6, 2016. Through this effort we are called to leave our comfort zones to face the reality of abortion in our community.
While 40DFL NOLA is primarily sponsored by New Orleans Right to Life, it is a project of numerous groups and denominations.
The Three Pillars of 40 Days for Life
- Prayer & Fasting to End Abortion:(Ask about our prayer cards.)
- The power of prayer cannot be overstated in this work. Encourage your group members to commit to a daily prayer and fasting during the 40 days (Ask about our prayer commitment cards and prayer cards.)
- Whenever you meet as a church/group, pray the 40DFL prayer on the prayer cards.
- Peaceful & Compassionate Presence:
- Getting out of our comfort zones: Today there are more than 7,536 children and women who have been spared the pain of abortion because of the prayer and presence at 40DFL campaigns around the world. However, 40DFL does cause us to leave our comfort zone. That is actually the very thing that makes this campaign so powerful. It causes us, our friends, our family, and our community to confront the reality that abortions are happening every single day in our back yard, and there is a great joy and peace in taking this leap of faith.
- Adopt-a-Day: Please adopt a day as a church or group at the vigil! Learn more at our vigil sign-up page, and also visit our calendar to view available dates. Most coordinators pick one meeting or weekend of church services to speak to their groups about signing up for individual hours of the campaign.
- Outreach: We do all we can to promote awareness and education in the community.
For More Information Contact:
- Debbie Shinskie, Respect Life Director for Archdiocese of New Orleans, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shanon Snyder, New Orleans Right to Life Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Campaign Office: 504.835.6520