The time has arrived for our planning meetings for the 2013 campaign and we NEED YOU!!
Monday, September 23-7:00 pm
The 40 Days for Life Interfaith Candlelight Prayer Service will be at 7:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church located at 445 Marquette Avenue, Baton Rouge (off Government Street). 40 Days for Life is an interdenominational event where people of all faiths join together to pray and fast for an end to abortion. We will hear reflections on how abortion has impacted people's lives, how we can help those who are contemplating abortion to choose life and the importance of prayer to end abortion. The prayer service will conclude with a candlelight procession outside of church followed by the reading of prayer petitions for the unborn.
Our speakers include:
· Most Rev. Robert W. Muench-Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge
· Rev. Cleo Milano-Pastor, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church
· Jason Romero and Kathleen Lee will lead us in song.
· Sarah Zagorski- Sarah has personal proximity with abortion and will share her story of survival, hope and healing. Sarah was adopted at age nine by a loving family dedicated to the pro-life movement after many years in the Louisiana Foster Care system. She is the Communications and National Life and Leadership Director for Louisiana Right to Life. She and her husband David reside in Covington and are members of Journey Fellowship Church. Jason Romero and Kathleen Lee will provide music. Please see the wonderful letter from Bishop Muench encouraging everyone to participate in 40 Days for Life that is attached.
· Rev. Matthew McCaughey. Fr. Matthew McCaughey is the Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Baton Rouge. The youngest of five children, Father McCaughey attended St. Thomas More Elementary School, Baton Rouge High School and LSU. He entered seminary after completing a chemical engineering degree and is now in his second year of full-time ministry. Fr. Matthew has participated in 40 Days for Life during his different parish assignments.
· Carmen Davis Damen. Carmen is a speaker for “Silent No More,” a group that shares testimony about the impact of abortion. Carmen is a Site Coordinator for 40 Days for Life, a team member of Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat, a member of Most Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and several prayer groups. She is married to Randy Damen, another 40 Days for Life Coordinator, and is the mom of an adult daughter.
For more information, please contact Danielle Van Haute at (225) 242-0164.
Our second campaign last fall was very blessed with twelve unborn babies saved and over 1,300 people gathered from across south Louisiana to pray for an end to abortion. We had an even greater diversity of churches, schools and groups participate and we hope even more join us this year.
Many varied talents are needed to make this event a success. Please consider helping with:
We will again offer individualized flyers to the extent that we have pictures of your school, church or prayer group from past campaigns (and time permitting!). Individualized flyers will help your group stay organized but the pictures and the specific commitment shown on the flyer will also encourage people that may never have participated to come out this year.
Sample: Check out this flyer for St. Joseph's in Ponchatoula from last year that includes the date they adopted on the vigil calendar and the contact information for their Day Coordinators. (click here to view St. Joseph's flyer)
Please make your request as soon as possible to get the word out about this powerful prayer campaign.
Here is one of our new 2013 40 Days for Life Baton Rouge flyers: (click here to to view a 2013 flyer).
For more information contact, please contact Danielle Van Haute (225) 242-0164 or email@example.com.
40 Days for Life Baton Rouge has met several times already this summer, and we're making great progress on planning this year's Fall campaign.
We met in June and July and are extremely thankful for those in attendance. Please join us in August and watch this page for more information about upcoming fall meetings.