LARTL’s primary focus is the protection of the right to life of the unborn. Because of this, we see abortion as the greatest life-destroying force in our culture today.
- Abortion (n)- the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus. It is the conscious act of killing the human being inside the womb of the mother.
- In 1973, the Supreme Court decision Roe v Wade made abortion legal in the United States through all nine months of pregnancy. U.S. Legal History and Court Cases-->
- Since 1973, approx 46 million unborn children have been killed through abortion in the United States. Everyday, 4,000 are killed in the United States. More statistics -->
- In Louisiana in 2004, approxametly 31 babies were killed by abortion everyday. This is less than 1% of the national average. More statistics. -->
- Contrary to popular opinion, abortion is a violent process that not only kills an innocent human life, but harms the mother. Abortion Method -->
- Abortion can cause Post-Abortive Syndrome and can raise potential of breast cancer by up to 50% from one abortion. -
- 93% of abortions occur for reasons other than the "hard cases" such as rape, incest, and health problems of the mother. Why Women have Abortions -->
- Fathers have no legal say in whether their child is aborted or not.
- Only one abortion procedure is illegal: partial birth abortion. However, third trimester abortions are not illegal.